Friday, April 9, 2010

Chelsey Williams, my Great, Grandmother

This is Chelsey Williams, my great, grandmother--the one with the hat on sitting in the chair. That is me, Cynthia, standing next to the chair, and my new baby sister, Alcenia, on her lap. Both my great, grandmother and Alcenia are gone to be with the Lord, now. Chelsey Williams is the person who taught me how to be a grandmother. Praise the Lord for grandmothers! How?
First, she, enjoyed my presence in her life. Even here you see her smiling holding a busy little baby and steadying me, a precocious little three year old. The little girl on her should is a neighbor girl who just liked to hang around her. Grandmothers enjoy the presence of their grandchildren--and other children... Next, she taught me not to wet the bed. Yep, if you are reading this, you will probably do a double take, but I said it... She stopped me from wetting the bed. How? I started to wet her one night as I slept with her and she pinched me! Ooh! I instantly stopped and went to the bathroom. Bedwetting solved! So, grandmothers help grandkids overcome negative habits. Praise the Lord for GRANDMOTHERS!

No comments: